Having been led, as we believe, to accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour and, on a profession of our faith, having been baptized in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, we do now solemnly and joyfully covenant with one another:
That being led and enabled by the Holy Spirit, we will serve together in brotherly love with Christian sympathy and kindness, exercise a Christian care and concern over one another and tenderly, faithfully and humbly admonish and help as may be needful, walk circumspectly in the world, be just in our dealing, faithful in our engagements, cultivate Christian sympathy in feeling and courtesy in speech, participate in one another's joys, bear one another's burdens and sorrows, and be slow to take offence and ready always for reconciliation;
That we will not neglect the opportunities for public worship with our brothers and sisters;
That we will seek to acknowledge Christ as Lord of our households, seeking to rear our children in the love and admonition of the Lord;
That we will regularly observe private devotions in prayer and in thoughtful study of the Scriptures, seeking the Spirit's guidance;
That we strive for the advancement of the Church in all its interests and will sustain its worship, ordinances, discipline and doctrine; that according to our ability, we will contribute regularly to its support and ministries, particularly in the proclamation of the Gospel here and throughout the world; that we will endeavour to evangelise personally where opportunity permits;
That we will co-operate in constructive goodwill with other Christian churches and Christian agencies, wherever conviction permits, in the work our Lord has given us to do;
That in the case of removal from this place we will, as soon as possible unite with some other church where we can carry on the spirit of this Covenant;
That in all things we will seek to live to the honour and glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The CBWC reaches people for Christ by seeking the health and extending the ministry of the local church.
Inviting Faith. Acting in Mercy. Cultivating Leaders.
Each of these three values is critically important and interdependent in the CBWC’s vision of a balanced ministry. To grow God’s kingdom, we work actively to bring individuals to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, to strengthen congregations and to plant more churches. Critical to this increase is the development of strong lay and pastoral leadership that responds to the needs of others. Acting in compassion and mercy, we will have the opportunity to introduce people to Jesus Christ.
Statement Of Faith
While not a denomination that emphasizes creeds or rituals, the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada together affirm wholeheartedly the revelation of God as given in the scriptures of the Old and New Testaments and confess the faith therein set forth. We here explicitly assert the doctrines which we regard as crucial to the understanding and proclamation of the Gospel and to practical Christian living:
1. The sovereignty, love, and grace of God, the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption and final judgment.
2. The divine inspiration of Holy Scripture and its entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
3. The value of each human being as created by God. The universal sinfulness of humankind since the fall, which alienates all from God and subjects all to condemnation.
4. The full deity and humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate Son of God, whose substitutionary sacrifice is the sole ground of redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin.
5. The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone in Christ crucified and risen from the dead.
6. The illuminating, regenerating, indwelling and sanctifying work of God, the Holy Spirit, in the believer.
7. The church as set forth in the New Testament and understood historically by the Baptist community.
8. The expectation of the personal, visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ, our participation in the resurrection, and the hope of eternal life.
To learn more about specific Baptist beleifs please visit the Canadian Baptists of Western Canada website